There is still no news about the play in which Andy is meant to be directing. But he is rehearsing a wacky clown version of JULIUS CAESAR that opens in L. A. in early May. This group, the Troubies (short for Troubadours), adapted Shakespeare’s play and put it together with the music of Weezer and it’s called JULIUS WEEZER.
Sadly there is no additional information on the play Andy is going to be directing, to Quote..”They Haven’t figured it out yet” As soon as I have any news I will let you know.
The last weekend of January Andy went to A horror Com in Atlanta Where the Hellraiser gang Including Clive Barker got together.
Andy has done a Short interview for the new Cobra blu-ray dvd extras. He speaks about the tension and problems that occurred on set and a major creative decision that wasn’t made to reveal his character’s identity. He’s very open about the movie’s flaws.
Andy will be directing a play at the Matrix Theatre in L.A. In the beginning of the new year. Details are yet to be sorted out, but will update as soon as I know more.
Andy has completed his Garak voice-over for the game Star Trek online. He has done some for old missions on it but mainly for the new expansion pack called Victory is Life.
This Year Andy will be attending Destination Star Trek Birmingham, England for DS9’s 25th anniversary….October 19th to the 21st 2018.
Andy will also be attending at the Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas this year….August 1st to the 5th 2018.
Andy will be directing (Jean Claude van Itallie’s THE SERPENT, which opens on May 2 2018
As of Monday the 23rd October Andrew will start rehearsals for a multi-disciplinary production of A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM in which I play Theseus, another duke, and Oberon, the magical king of the fairies. In both plays, Shakespeare was exploring the relationship of politics and art (magic), and I think asking whether or not the two can co-exist. Can art make a difference in our political and social life? Or is it just a magic lantern show that occasionally distracts us from what’s “real”? Shakespeare sends his characters, lovers and laborers rehearsing a play, into the woods where they interact with the fairy world. Eventually they come back out changed, if not transformed. Again, it was magic – art – that enabled them to find their way back.
What’s exciting about this production is that we are doing it at the Disney Hall in L. A., a beautiful concert hall designed by Frank Gehry, with the L. A. Philharmonic and the music that Felix Mendelssohn wrote for AMND in the 19th Century. It’s 4 performances only in the first week of November.
In July of this year Andy was in a production of “The Tempest” Here is a link all about it
- (Off-Broadway debut) MacBird! Village Gate Theatre, 1967
- Woyzeck, La Mama Experimental Theatre Company, New York City, between 1967 and 1970
- Inside Out, La Mama Experimental Theatre Company, between 1967 and1970
- Sheriff Tom Sluck, Futz! Theatre De Lys, then Actors Playhouse, both New York City, 1968
- Klaus, The Cannibals, American Place Theatre, New York City, 1968
- Dante, “The Young Master Dante,” in Trainer, Dean, Liepolt, and Company, American Place Theatre, 1968
- Young man, Operation Sidewinder, Vivian Beaumont Theatre, New YorkCity, 1970
- Prince Myshkin, Subject to Fits, New York Shakespeare Festival, Public Theatre, New York City, 1971
- Sir William Davison, Mary Stuart, Repertory Theatre of Lincoln Center, Vivian Beaumont Theatre, 1971
- The Idiot, New York Shakespeare Festival, Public Theatre, 1971
- Kiro, Narrow Road to the Deep North, Repertory Theatre of LincolnCenter, Vivian Beaumont Theatre, 1972
- The Death and Life of Jesse James, New Theatre for Now, Ahmanson Theatre, Los Angeles, 1974
- Gogol, a Mystery Play, New York Shakespeare Festival, Public Theatre, 1976
- The Bacchae, Los Angeles Actors Theatre, Los Angeles, 1979
- Macbeth, Los Angeles Actors Theatre, 1980
- The Man Who Came to Dinner, Long Beach Theatre Festival, Long Beach, CA, 1980
- Professor Leo Lehrer, The Genius, Center Theatre Group, Mark TaperForum, Los Angeles, 1984
- Jack Henry Abbot, In the Belly of the Beast, Center Theatre Group,Mark Taper Forum, 1984, then Joyce Theatre, New York City, 1985
- The Aristocrats, Mark Taper Forum, 1989
- Richard II, Mark Taper Forum, 1991
- M. Butterfly, Seattle Repertory Theatre, Seattle, WA, 1991
- Wanderings of Odysseus, J. Paul Getty Museum, 1992
- (Broadway debut) Any Given Day, Longacre Theatre, 1993
- The Tavern, Matrix Theatre Company, Los Angeles, 1993
- Memoirs of Jesus (solo show), Matrix Theatre Company, 1993
- Habeas Corpus, Matrix Theatre Company, 1994
- Adelaide MacKenzie, The Fading Day (workshop performance), New Work Festival, Falcon Theatre, 1997
- Yield of the Long Bond, Matrix Theatre Company, 1998
- Also appeared in The Changing Room, Odyssey Theatre, Los Angeles;and Curse of the Starving Class, Tiffany Theatre, Los Angeles